7/23/2009

Furoshiki Wrapping & Wine Bottles



Instead of buying a wine bottle sized paper bag, a piece of cloth, furoshiki can be a unique reusable wrapping cloth to bring a bottle of wine for a gift.
For the attached photo, I used a Japanese standard sized furoshiki (approx. 35” x 35”).
Can you see I tried to make flower petals around the top of the wine bottle?
As the material of the furoshiki is very flexible, I could enjoy wrapping the wine bottle like doing paper folding, origami.
It is a fun to utilize furoshikis for gift wrapping and creativity is unlimited!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Sorry to hear about the tornado damage. I grew up in Arvada and most recently lived in Byers (way out east of the airport). Thanks for the continued inspiration. Cheers! Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,

    How are you? It's a small world to know that you grew up in Arvada. I love the old down town Arvada very much! Do you like living in Seattle near to the ocean? I expect you enjoy eating a lot of fresh seafoods. Have a nice weekend! Hiroko

    ReplyDelete