7/09/2009

3Rs: Bring Your Own Utensils



In Japan, there is a campaign, “My Hashi (Bring Your Own Chopsticks)”.
Instead of using disposable wooden chopsticks for outings, Japanese bring their own chopsticks.

While staying in Japan last May, I visited a local public office’s 3Rs center in City of Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan. City of Yokohama has been on top of 3Rs activities and has been offering a free public service which loans utensils, dish washer and 2 public workers to local gatherings. This aims to reduce the amount of disposable utensils garbage.

Don’t you think if we bring our own utensils to concerts, fairs, BBQ s, parties and/or any other gathering which use a lot of disposable utensils, we could reduce a huge amount of plastic garbage?

I will start to bring my own utensils in my bag.
Please join me to start “Bring Your Own Utensils” campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment