5/22/2011

Starting 365 Small Steps No.1 Spil Cover



Re-organizing and de-cluttering my rooms have been always in my mind. Probably over two years, I had enjoy checking in books and magazines regarding re-organizing, interior designs, garden designs and such but couldn’t start to do anything. And, it was my fault.
“O My God,” just recently I have noticed, “Another spring cleaning season has been passing.”
It’s really time for me to start to clean up my mess with 3Rs in mind and will transform my rooms into comfortable and lovely ones.
“Let’s make it a project and start to make a detailed plan.” This will not work for me.
“Every day, just do something small that I usually don’t do.” This is what I am going to do.
And, starting TODAY. (I told myself in an assertive voice to let me start.)
So, today is the day.

Today’s small thing: Putting a slip cover over a chair in poor condition.
My cat used to own this chair and scratched all over the surface.
I had checked several stores in order to buy a slip cover but I found only few selections were available and they were too pricy. Actually, I couldn’t find any designs I liked.
I have several curtains (43”w x 46”h) that I don't use at home.
I covered the chair with 4 pieces of them and put a vintage dresser liner. No sewing was necessary.
It was easy.
I like to keep the 4 pieces unsown so that it would be easier to wash.
And, I will keep the edges loose so that my cats can enjoy hiding behind the fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment