8/30/2011

No. 24 Mashed Cauliflowers and Castle Rock

After visiting the Cherokee Ranch and Castle, I went to the down town Castle Rock. It was my first visit there, and I was so glad that I did. I stopped at a farmers’ market while they were closing, so I could get a chance to check only 1 stand which still had some veggies on the table. I purchased several kinds of veggies and the water melons were the best of all. I got two cauliflowers for one, but, quite frankly, that wasn’t an exciting offer since, well, to think I would have to eat two cauliflowers rather sounded like a pain. But, the store persons told me, “Oh, no, try mashed cauliflower with butter. It would taste like mashed potatoes and it would be good.” That mashed cauliflowers was new to me, so, I tried with butter and ranch dressing powder and milk, and it turned to be very good and a good way to eat a lot of cauliflowers.
Besides the farmers’ market, I had a great fun time at Bennington Mercantile which wasn’t just a feed store but also carries fashionable western clothing and work clothing and the owner and staffs of the store were very nice and friendly. I was so happy that I found used horse shoes for sale at the store since I had wanted one for good luck. Also, the Barn, which was like an antique and unique gifts mall with style, was a wonderful place. I purchased several high quality cotton fabrics. I am sure that women would love to visit the Barn. And, one more treat at a Mexican restaurant, Yolanda’s Tacos. They served all homemade tacos, and they were really good. I had stopped eating meats at any Mexican restaurants for a while because the meats didn’t taste good, but, the Yolanda’s pork and beef were very good. Probably, the Yolanda’s Tacos would be the only reason why I don’t say that I am a vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment