8/24/2011

No. 20 Organizing Ribbons by Yarn Remnant

I love sewing and crafting and re-organizing my sewing room is one of the high priority projects. My friend once told me, “Someone who loves sewing usually has an enough collection of fabrics and etc to open her own fabric store.” Well, I don’t have that many fabrics, but, it is true that I may already have enough sewing materials that I would be able to enjoy sewing and crafting for the rest of my life. But, I still love finding cute and beautiful fabrics, ribbons, buttons and etc. especially vintage items. To me, it always brings me an excitement and fascination. And, it is also wonderful that oftentimes another shopper would come to talk to me in a very friendly manner, “Oh, it’s pretty. What are you making?” It would be just a very quick exchange, but, I always feel so blessed with a quick connection that we share the same love for making something beautiful.

I was so happy when I had found a package of the ribbons attached above at a junk store. I enjoyed opening the package pulling a piece by piece to see what I had gotten. I tied each piece by a ribbon that I had collected from gifts received or a yarn remnant that was too short to make something and stored them in a vintage tin box.
This is a small start to re-organizing my sewing room.


No comments:

Post a Comment