8/25/2011

No. 21 Handmade Cotton Dishcloths



I have been using Scotch Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges for washing dishes and cleaning bathrooms. They work great. But, I have a concern that probably it would be better for me to start to use more natural materials because I have to throw away them oftentimes.
Long time ago, my dear friend gave me the handmade cotton dishcloth attached above for washing delicate china dishes. Since it is a handmade gift from my friend, I have been using it as like a doily. I have never used any cotton dishcloths, but, I am going to make some to see if they would work fine for regular dish washing.
At Wal-Mart, I have purchased a Peaches & Crème 100% cotton yarn for about $8.00. It was a good buy for 400g/14oz and seems to be proper for making dishcloths as the label indicates Free Dishcloth Patterns on back. I was so ready to try to crochet a dishcloth, but, Oh My, I can’t pull a yarn from a spool to start. Does anybody know how to find the starting yarn from this huge spool?

No comments:

Post a Comment