6/07/2011

No.12 Bean Sprouts by Sprouts Extraordinaire


I had purchased a package of bean sprouts(8oz, 227g) at the King Soopers in Lakewood. The package indicated just “Bean Sprouts” so I checked the website of the producer, Sprouts Extraordinaire in Denver. I assume the bean sprouts that I had purchased were Mung Bean Sprouts.
The package also indicated these bean sprouts contain Vitamin C 20%, Iron 4%, Fiber 4%, Protein 3g, Sugar 7g, while no fat, no cholesterol and no sodium. Sound like a very good veggie, isn’t it?

For lunch, I made the attached bean sprouts salad with Japanese dressing.
I suppose to be able to eat the bean sprouts fresh but I prefer to soak veggies in a hot water about 1 minute or so to make them a little bit tender and rinse them by running cold water in order to make this salad.
The Japanese dressing was made of Japanese Sushi Su(Japanese rice vinegar which is a seasoned mild vinegar for sushi and salad and etc. Mine is Mitsukan Sushi Su), sesame oil, soy sauce, and white sesame.

I am very happy to find out that there is a local company, Sprouts Extraordinaire which produces natural and organic sprouts.
Great fresh produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment