12/03/2009

Starting New Year’s Eve Cleaning

It is a custom for Japanese to do a big cleaning on the New Year’s Eve in order to celebrate the coming New Year.

I have started to clean and organize my rooms for the coming New Year.
With careful concerns for 3Rs, I have tried not to just “dump” stuffs in order to clean up my mess.
I love to get practical but artful ideas for how to organize my spaces from magazine articles and books.

I have read a book written by a Japanese organizing and cleaning expert who recovered from depression through cleaning up the mess in his house.
It is true cleaning brings me a feeling that I have started to work on my mess inside of myself as well.
Even a little bit visual progress to clean up the disorganized house brings me a positive feeling to refresh my life.

Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment